Friday, February 20, 2009

February 20, 2009

Today was one of the hardest days Jeff and I will ever have. The doctors decided this morning that they needed to go ahead with the brain surgery on Vann. He went in at 2pm today...the hardest thing to do is turn your little baby over to a team of doctors to do brain surgery.
Good news...everything went great. The Neurosurgeon showed us pictures of the clot causing the clog and said there was NO way Vann would have been able to pass it, so surgery had to be done at some point. I am so glad today was the day. Now they will just keep a close eye on everything and make sure that no more clogs happen and everything is flowing the way it is supposed to.

The little guy is recovering and resting from his big day. Jeff and I are doing the same. Talk about being emotionally tired. We appreciate all the love and prayers!

4 comments:

shannon said...

we love you!! you three are inspiring...

Unknown said...

I'm so glad to hear that everything went okay. I've been praying for you guys!

Holly said...

I am so happy it went well! I have been praying like crazy for you!

Unknown said...

Jeff and Kara
I am so glad things are going so well. I can't even imagine going through what you guys are going through. God be with you all and I will keep praying until you bring him home and even after that. You 3 are an inspiration to others.
Love Chris Smith